The draft of the new Land Development Code and associated maps were released on Friday, October 4.
Meetings are scheduled for citizens to learn about and participate in the discussion of the new code:
* Public Meeting – Saturday, October 19, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Conley-Guerrero Senior Activity Center, 808 Niles Street.
* District 10 Town Hall – Monday, October 21, 7 to 9 p.m. – Highland Park Baptist Church (Sapp Hall), 5206 Balcones Drive. City Staff will present the proposed code and take questions and feedback.
* Public Meeting – Wednesday, October 23, 6 to 9 p.m. – Austin Central Library, 710 W. Cesar Chavez Street
* NWACA Community Meeting about the new LDC - Thursday, October 24, 4 to 6 p.m. - Huffman Hall, St. Matthew' Episcopal Church, 8134 Mesa Drive
* District 10 Office Hours – District 10 council staff will be available to discuss the code and maps – Friday, October 25, 9 to 11 a.m. – Biderman’s Deli, 3742 Far West Boulevard
* Planning Commission Public Hearing – Saturday, October 26, starting at 9 a.m. – City Hall 301 W. 2nd Street
You can view the draft code and view maps of current and proposed zoning by going to this City of Austin web page: http://www.austintexas.gov/department/land-development-code-drafts