Gather up your outdated computer monitors, old microwaves, IPhone 3s, and blown-out stereo equipment. The Anderson High School south parking lot will be the site of the Northwest Austin Civic Association’s (NWACA) annual Spring Collection event. This spring we’ll be collecting old electronics, Styrofoam, bathroom toothbrushes, empty toothpaste tubes, used razors, and dental floss containers.
The event will be Saturday, May 4th, from 8:00-10:00 a.m. at Anderson High School. Collected electronics and styrofoam will be taken to the City’s Reuse and Recycle Drop-Off Center. Bathroom supplies will go to TerraCycle. This event is open to NWACA members only. If you’re not a member, you can join at the event for $25.
We will accept:
• Used electronics such as: computers and related supplies, printers, batteries, cameras, phones, LCD televisions, routers, stereo equipment, microwaves, and small refrigerators; all consumer electronic devices and appliances;
• Clean Styrofoam blocks, egg cartons, cups and containers;
• Used toothpaste tubes and floss containers;
• Used disposable razors, replaceable-blade cartridge units, and razor plastic packaging;
We will not accept:
• Rear-projection TVs or those with wooden frames;
• Dirty Styrofoam food or drink containers;
• Packing peanuts or plastic foam;
• Household hazardous wastes including: used oil, paint, light bulbs, or chemicals;
We’re always looking for volunteers for our collection events. We need folks to corral the cars, unload vehicles, load the collection truck, and assist with separating the collected materials. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to help serve your neighborhood, meet your neighbors, and protect the environment, come join us! Any questions or volunteer sign-up can be sent to: [email protected]