Gather up your outdated computer monitors, old microwaves, IPhone3s, and blown-out stereo equipment. The St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church Mesa Drive parking lot will be the site of the Northwest Austin Civic Association’s (NWACA) Electronics Collection event. We’ll be collecting old electronics, batteries, Styrofoam, and bathroom supplies - toothbrushes, empty toothpaste tubes, used razors, and dental floss containers.
The event is scheduled for Saturday, November 19th, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at St. Matthew’s, using the Mesa Drive parking lot. Collected electronics, batteries, and Styrofoam will be taken to the City’s Reuse and Recycle Drop-Off Center. Bathroom supplies will go to TerraCycle. This event is open to NWACA members only. If you’re not a member, you can join at the event for the usual household membership fee of $25.
We will accept:
• Used electronics such as: computers and related supplies, printers, batteries, cameras, phones, LCD televisions, routers, stereo equipment, microwaves, and small refrigerators; all consumer electronic devices and appliances
• Clean Styrofoam blocks, egg cartons, cups, and containers
• Batteries of all sizes
• Used toothpaste tubes and floss containers
• Used disposable razors, replaceable-blade cartridge units, and razor plastic packaging
We will not accept:
• Rear-projection TVs or those with wooden frames
• Dirty Styrofoam food or drink containers
• Packing peanuts or plastic foam
• Household hazardous wastes including used oil, paint, light bulbs, or chemicals
We’re always looking for volunteers for our collection events. We need folks to corral the cars, unload vehicles, load the collection truck, and assist with separating the collected materials. If you’re looking for a great opportunity to help serve your neighborhood, meet your neighbors, and protect the environment, come join us! Any questions or volunteer sign-up can be sent to [email protected]