(a message from AISD)
Austin ISD trustees in June called for a Nov. 7 election for a $1,050,984,000 bond proposal. The bond would bring 21st-century learning spaces to students without increasing our tax rate.
Please join Austin ISD at one of our upcoming open houses to learn more about the 2017 Bond.
Meetings are 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and are designed in a come-and-go format, with presentations at 5:45 p.m. and at 6:45 p.m. A district-wide open house will be 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 21, with presentations at 11:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
- Sept. 7 Akins High School cafeteria
- Sept. 12 Anderson High School cafeteria
- Sept. 14 Bowie High School cafeteria
- Sept. 19 Eastside Memorial ECHS cafeteria
- Sept. 21 Lanier ECHS cafeteria
- Sept. 26 McCallum High School cafeteria
- Sept. 28 Travis ECHS cafeteria
- Oct. 3 Austin High School cafeteria
- Oct. 5 Crockett ECHS cafeteria
- Oct. 10 LBJ ECHS cafeteria
- Oct. 12 Reagan ECHS cafeteria
- Oct. 17 Rosedale cafeteria, meeting for special campuses
- Oct. 21 AISD Carruth Admin. Center Board Room, districtwide meeting
Eleven meetings focus on specific vertical teams, one meeting is dedicated to special campuses and the final open house is a district-wide meeting.
Open houses are designed to be geographically convenient but not geographically exclusive; all are welcome at every meeting, and information about all Austin ISD schools and facilities will be available.
Interpretation is offered at the district-wide meeting in the following languages: American Sign Language, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese and Vietnamese. Reasonable accommodations for other languages will be provided upon request. Please provide notice at least two days in advance.
Child care, light refreshments and simultaneous Spanish presentations will take place at all meetings.