All residents of the neighborhoods surrounding Austin Oaks are invited to attend the Vision and Values Workshop, to learn more about the upcoming charrette and to provide your input on what you would like to see at that site. Results of this workshop (and the one on January 12th) will provide direction to the charrette, so this is an important time to express your views.
Below is an outline of the workshop, scheduled to start at 6PM on December 16th, in Huffman Hall at St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church at 8134 Mesa Drive.
Arrival Activity: Dot Exercise - Where do you Live, Work, Play, Shop?
As attendees are walking in, they will have the opportunity to place dots on map marking the places where they live, work, play, and shop.
Meeting Agenda (total meeting time about 2 hours)
- Introductions of Charrette Facilitator, Doug Farr, and TBG Design Consultants
- How we got here, meeting purpose, and ground rules
- What is a Charrette? (Doug Farr)
- Urban design 101 (Doug Farr) (including Q & A)
- Existing Site Conditions (Sean Compton, TBG)
- Facilitated tabletop discussions with maps (Doug and Sean)
- What opportunities do you see?
- What are your concerns
- Objectives and Strategies exercise
- Report back on tabletop discussions
- Finalizing the Objectives and Strategies
- Charrette 1/25-1/29- 3721 Executive Center Dr., Suite 264
- Charrette schedule